Tuesday 18 August 2015

17/18 August - In Cadillac

Monday 17th was a rest day after all the traveling. We watched 4 movies (Prince's Bride, and the 3 Narnia movies) mixed with some tv. And we finished the day by going for some icecream. 

Grant and I had the the small tub of icecream = 3 scopes! That would be a large tub in NZ.
I had Spumoni which is a mix of 4 different flavours. Yummy as. I was going to go for Moose Dropping as well but you could only have 1 flavour in the small tub. To mix flavours you needed to go for a medium at least.

This morning I woke up hearing music and someone taking a shower. I thought we had slept in so I went up and then checked the time on my IPad..... 7.10am...Are you kidding me! Well I was awake so I went to have a shower. There is something that has been all back to front this trip and that is that I have been up before Grant almost every day. This is unheard of. And it was the same this morning. Grant just turned over and tried to go back to sleep (I am afraid I woke him up, my apologies Grant).

After lunch we went to a Scandinavian shop........AND I discovered that mum has been here. I found a figurine that must have been made by my mum sitting model for it.


(Mum, I'm just joking. Love you lots)

In the parking area they had some funny signs which we took photos off, and in the garden there was a large Dala Hast. Inside the shop there were several really weird looking trolls, so there are some photos of them.

We also bumped into a american viking. You don't mess with her. Thanks Kim for letting me take a photo of you

Then we went to a shoe shop and I bought a pair of shoes for $18.50. Incredible price! Looking forward to the shopping in San Francisco. 

For dinner we had salmon. It was a very nice dish, Valerie, you are a great cook!



No comments:

Post a Comment