Thursday 20 August 2015

20th August - Wedding Anniversary

Today we celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary. What a great day it has been. We had Swedish pancakes for lunch (thanks Valerie) with lingonberries.

Then we went to the Corps to have a look at their facilities, and they were really good. They have their own foodbank where people come to when they have run out of money or they don't have enough for food at least.

Then we ladies went our own way for some shopping. I got a couple of nice tops for about $32.00 in total. That is just crazy!

Grant and Andrew went to the tractor store!!! Oh Joy (at least for Grant it was).

This evening we all went out for dinner. The last few years it has only been Grant and I going out for dinner, so it was nice to have some family around us. I had an incredible chicken dish called Smokey Mountain Chicken which I thought was divine and for dessert a chocolate cake. What else can you ask for on your Anniversary Day?

Tomorrow we will travel to Lansing and we will go to a baseball game. We had planned to go to Detroit to see the Detroit Tigers but the tickets were too expensive. And since we only want to go to a game to experience the atmosphere, a Triple A series (that is the series just under the top league) game is more than enough for us. The name of the team from Lansing is "Lugnuts". Hilarious name aye!

We will stay in Lansing until Sunday then we will travel back to Cadillac where we will pack our bags for the last part of our trip before returning home. Where have the 4 weeks gone?

I am glad I (in particular) have taking lots and lots of photos so that when we come back home we can sit down and re-live the whole trip all over.

I am also glad that we decided to do this trip to meet the cousins. From the first day it felt as if we have known each other for the whole of our lives. I certainly have seen the family similarities in my cousins, so I will can confirm that they are just as crazy and funny as the Swedish arm of the family. I think some of my photos show that. I also think it has rubbed off on their spouses. I know we will miss them heaps when it is time to leave.

Thank God for Skype! 

No comments:

Post a Comment