Saturday 22 August 2015

21st August - Lansing & and a baseball game

Today we traveled back to Lansing. We are going to a baseball game tonight!!! We can't wait. It will be really interesting to experience the atmosphere, the food and of course the game. It is the local Lansing Lugnuts playing. I thought it was a hilarious name until Grant told me that this is the name of the nuts holding the wheels on the car.
Alan also told us that GM build 3 different type of cars here (Cadillac is one of them), so that made it make even more sense.

On the drive here we divided up in a lady's van and a men's van. Valerie had put in the route in her phone and then she turned to take the route they normally take (driving on automatic....). Mary then said to her to take the next exit and that we would come to the road that Valerie had planned to take in the first place. Kim after a while got the map up on her phone and it told us that we had 1 1/2 hour yet to travel (and we had already been driving for a while), so obviously we took the scenic route. Not that I am complaining. We went through Stanton and Ionia (I think that was the name) and we spotted Grant St. We also went past another Tractor Supply store, so I took a picture for Grant. The men left after us but because they took a more direct route they arrived in Lansing before us. Bad luck for them that Alan's house keys were in the lady's van.... We got a call from them and we decided to meet at "Steak & Shake" for lunch. We had burgers and HUGE milkshakes. Grant had a strawberry shake and I had a snickers shake. I think we have to do on a diet when we come home or we will roll down the streets.

We all had a snooze after arriving at Alan & Kims house (I blame it on the milkshakes) and then it was time to heat to the ballpark.

I was a great evening and the Lognuts won! There were no home-runs but some great hits anyway. And after the game there was also a fireworks display. We are so grateful that they took us to the game.

Alan and I had a look at the family tree that he has put together. He had photos of Grant and I (he got them from Facebook). My Grandfather had 9 siblings and it was the first time I have seen all their names, Alan has some old articles about the terrible boat accident where my Grandmothers parents died. Interesting to read the old fashioned Swedish ( some words are spelled differently).  

All in all it was another faboulus day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment